A fun bit of self-deprecation based on typos I’ve found in my manuscript. Rather than immediately correct them, I’ve collected them for your enjoyment and added humorous definitions. If you can’t guess the intended word (ahem, not surprising sometimes), further down you’ll find the correct spellings. If you enjoy the list, more can be found here.
- Enchancement – a possible improvement; a magic spell that might work.
- Consiren – the klaxons at a prison
- Unstanding – describes one who is sitting down
- Diffanta – difruity soda I disometimes drink
- Definity – the assuredness of knowing something will last forever
- Writh – a ghost missing its front teeth (this word must have lost its E to the next entry)
- sarcasme – the fancy British spelling of ‘sarcasm’
- Vommunication – drenching another person with the gagging vehemence of your words
- Catapostrophic – exceptionally poor use of apostrophes
- Legilimate – mind reading done to determine a person’s authenticity
CORRECT SPELLINGSContinue reading